The Greater Columbus Sports Commission’s mission is to rally Columbus to compete and win sporting events, providing a singular athlete and fan experience and positively impacting image, economy, and lifestyle.
WHAT WE DO:
• We rally Columbus to bid on and win sporting events
• Work collaboratively to promote the events once they’ve chosen Columbus
• Provide top tier experiences for the participants that compete here and fans that come to see them
WHY WE DO IT:
• Enhance the image of the city
• Enrich the quality of life for everyone that lives and works in central Ohio
• Drive economic and social development through sports
• 575 new events booked
• $625M in visitor spending
• 45 different sports hosted
• 2021 NCAA DI Volleyball Championship
• 2018 NCAA Women’s Final Four
• 2015 NHL All-Star Game
• 2013 President’s Cup
We’ve created The Community Cup, presented by The Columbus Foundation, to rally Central Ohio organizations to compete in contests for all skill levels. Companies that participate build camaraderie among their team and promote the importance of physical fitness.
As a nonprofit organization, our small but mighty staff is governed by a vested Board of Commissioners with a shared love for Columbus and sports.