The Columbus Community Youth Camp is a four-day camp that provides equitable sports opportunities for children ages 6-12. Community Youth Camp promotes confidence and personal wellness while teaching life lessons like teamwork, sportsmanship and overcoming adversity.
In its inaugural year, Community Youth Camp registration is open to a maximum of 100 campers.
Registered for Community Youth Camp this year? Check out the 2021 Parent Handbook for important information on safety, schedule and getting to camp.
Throughout the week, campers will develop skills that are not only used in sports, but transferable to daily life. These lessons include learning the importance of teamwork, building self-confidence and developing social skills.
From cycling to yoga, Community Youth Camp provides an opportunity to introduce children to a variety of new sports that otherwise may not be available to them. Additional camper spots will be held for youth groups and community organizations of children who may not have access to sports and fitness programming.
Campers will learn up to 15 sports activities over the course of the week, with additional lessons about life skills beyond the game. The Community Youth Camp offers a safe and encouraging environment to explore each sport, with sessions divided by age to provide more focused instruction and education.
The camp will be led by Camp Leaders, a group made up of local high schoolers age 15 and older, and Instructors from local organizations, colleges and high schools. Camp Leaders will mentor each camper through their programming while Instructors offer their expertise in each sport or life concept. Volunteers ages 13-14 can serve as Junior Camp Leaders, assisting Camp Leaders in mentoring campers.
- Camp T-shirt, lunch and snacks each day
- Sports duffel bag filled with equipment including volleyball, tennis racket and balls, softball and more
- Four books from the 2nd & 7 Foundation relating to each day’s camp theme
- Sport lesson plans and future sport camp resources
- Resources from Nationwide Children’s Hospital’s On Our Sleeves program
- Camp In A Bag from the Lindy Infante Foundation
- Celebration on final day of camp with Blue Jackets, Crew and Clippers mascots
- All sports equipment is provided. Campers just come ready to play!
June 7-10, 2021
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Lou Berliner Athletic Complex
1300 Deckenbach Rd, Columbus, OH 43223
Camper Registration: $250